Friday, March 31, 2006

The real world

The last couple of days have been spent inside a studio buried in the heart of the city...

I was pretty much buried in the studio as well...12 hours...13 hours...14 hours a day...

I soon started to recognize stones, rocks, trees, shrubs and even the roman statues and even gave them a name or two...

Three days of running between changing sets to stylising outfits to handling egos to controlling tempers to keeping hydrated to picking the look for the make-up to running between one vanity van to the other to well you get the picture...

Most people are fascinated with the prospect of being at a shoot. The so called 'glamour' of being on set...

If they only knew the truth...

We finally called the entire shoot a wrap last night after 10 pm

And a select few from the crew were invited back to the star's vanity van for a drink

The prized moment for most (getting to hang out in his personal private vanity van and have a drink with the Bollywood star)

For me, the thought made me shudder

The shoot was over, the work was done and I looked far in the distance and I saw the gate

The gate that had seperated me from the real world for the last couple of days













The gates within which nothing was real

Sets of beaches and homes were built and destroyed

Walls were made from foam and thin layers of wood

And I suddenly realised I needed out

"No thanks" I said

"But it was a real pleasure working with you..."

And I jumped into my car and ran out the gates into the real world

I'm happy to be back...