Sunday, July 23, 2006

Insanity defined


One week one post

Thats not good

But I promise you, if I had had one waking free moment I would have posted

And to make things worse, my blog was blocked for reasons beyond my understanding

Whatever!

So, where have I been and what have I been upto

Well you must recall my mentioning my boss giving me an unbelievable amount of work to do

The deadline was 20th July

Even though I had been working on it through the last 2-3 weeks, the last couple of days always involves burning the midnight oil

But honestly I never thought burning the midnight oil would lead to not sleeping for a single second before the mega presentation

Two nights no sleep and way too much caffeine in my system

And travelling to the other end of the country did not help either

I literally travelled for 11 hours for a meeting that lasted 5 hours

And the only meals I ate were breakfast on the flight and then dinner on the flight

I was a total zombie and wreck by the time the day was done

But the presentation went well

And if you think thats all that I had on my plate well then think again

My friend from Australia was visiting me the same week

So in the middle of all this commotion, I was entertaining her as well

And if thats not enough, my parents suddenly decided to leave town

And now that thats done, I need to start preparing for my trip

YES, I take off for a whole month

And yesterday I stepped out to start doing my shopping

And lo and behold

My car packs up on me

She refuses to start

No amount of sweet talking or rough handling by the mechanics got her to start

So I've left her stranded

And today being sunday she is lying there all alone

Boo hoo

So now you know what I have been upto

And that my darlings is "Insanity defined"