Sunday, February 18, 2007

Two seconds

I meet alot of people in my line of work

Which basically means I give out loads of visiting cards and shake hands alot

Over the years I've learnt the art of shaking hands properly

A nice tight grasp

Not for too long and not too short either

No over-done up down movements

Eye contact

Its pretty much boiled down to perfection


But yesterday I got caught off guard


This gentleman came up to me and shook my hand to say good bye


And I suddenly felt like his green eyes were staring right down into my soul


Those 2 seconds felt like a lifetime


And it felt like there was no one else around


Like I was in some other dimension of sorts


And I haven't been able to get it out of my mind


I've heard of being stuck in a lip-lock but this was like an eye-lock of sorts


And even after writing this, I still can't get those two seconds out of my mind