Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back to Valentines Day

I believe I am amongst the luckiest women in the world

I truly do

I love and have been loved

Yeah so I may not have the 'Perfect Life' so as to say - (meaning a husband and a suburban home and three kids running around driving me absolutely nutty) but I do have a job, a great family, outstanding friends and a booming career (pretty perfect in my mind)

So, I don't have a boyfriend either

It doesn't really bother me all that much

Except on certain occassions

For example, showing up at certain parties without a date, err new years eve and the absolutely dreaded marketing gimmic of the year - Valentines Day

Don't get me wrong, I am a DIE HARD ROMANTIC

Flowers, little blue boxes with white ribbons (we all know what those are), those certain je ne sais pas...they all work for me

And I do pride myself on probably having one of the most romantic valentines in the history of mankind as far as I am concerned...

But I have been single for a long time now

Its Valentines though

And I hope I get flowers

I love flowers

Even if it is a single rose from the middle of no where

Those are the best

Especially when they are not expected

But when someone promises you flowers from the previous life to the next

You can't help but pray to get them

Anonymously if that be the case...

Leave me flowers with smiles with your comments :)

Labels: , ,