Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nurse Noojes

Week 52 always promises some sort of excitement in my life...

I thought that cervical spondylosis would be enough for me to end the year with but there were other plans laid out for me

Yesterday in the morning as I was undergoing my treatment for my spondylosis I left my mobile phone in my bedroom

When I got back an hour later there were frantic sms's and numerous missed calls from Mr Friend

His sister had just been a car accident - where the brakes had failed and some kind stranger on the street was rushing her to hospital

Mr Friend was out of town and had no other family in the city so us friends rushed helter skelter across the city to asssess the damage and take the precautionary measures

Little did we realise that the damage would include injury to the face and mouth which called for emergency surgery that night

I held the girls hand through all the x-rays and doctor appointments and carried her when she almost fainted at one point during the day

The funny part was I didn't have the time or inclination to think about my own spondylosis pain

Two days of feeding mashed food and an innumerable number of colourful pills are finally over

Her brother came back this morning and she has gone home

And as relieved as I am that she left my home safe and rested, I can't help but miss the insanity of the last 48 hours

Happy 2007 everyone