Sunday, December 24, 2006

Pondering at the end of the year


Its the end of the year and while everyone is in Christmas cheer I find myself pondering over the year that has gone by...

This year has been interesting in so many ways

I got promoted
I got promoted again and changed professions

I travelled to the Carribean and saw my friend not only married but with a child

Another friend married

My boss / mentor moved onto much larger roles in life

I started to care for new people that I met in my life

Some others I cut out of my life

I saw temples in India that I never knew existed

I have done many new things this year - some I am proud of and some I am not

I have experienced new emotions this year - jealousy being one of them - not good at all

I got over my fascination with London Boy - which is a good thing

I helped prepare for the last rites of a 12 year old girl

2006 has been an interesting year in so many ways

I'd probably even go on record saying that 2006 was more good than bad

My life in 2006 could have been better but it wasn't the worst year I've had

And while all my friends are probably going to be out of town for the new year

I'm honestly thinking of staying home with my father and watching the fireworks on TV

Merry Christmas everyone

Santa Claus is coming to town