Sunday, April 09, 2006

Week 15

I remember week 52 of 2005
I remember thinking what a crap week it was
And I remember hoping and praying that 2006 would be better

So its the onset of week 15 of 2006 and what a year its been
I know I have not been very regular blogging this year but trust me I have not had too many waking hours that I've had free especially in the last couple of weeks

The last couple of days have been totally mad (again)
I don't even know where to begin

Uhm lets see
Its been days of total extremities

I got promoted
Yeah its a huge jump for me and I'm very proud of myself
Am also thrilled coz they gave me a huge huge raise and I'm smilin' about that

An hour after I got news of my promotion
My aunt passed away
My mom's sister
Not here but in Spain
We knew she was going
But it still hurt
This is the last of my moms family
And I can barely remember the last time I saw her
She had a stroke 10 years ago and things were never the same

That killed the partying spirit and besides I had to go to the airport to fetch my niece (the one in boarding school)

Yesterday was spent running errands with my little munchkin (who needed everything new under the sun from running shoes to slippers to sandals to face wash to body wash to conditioner) - She's 9 - I don't remember using face wash at age 9

The day ended with a condolence meeting at home

I actually cried

I didn't think I would

You see I usually don't cry that easilly - not a cry baby at all

But tears just rolled out of my eyes

I cried

But then again at the end of the night, I got an sms from my sister in TN, both her sons just got 50% scholarship in private school

So woo hoo

So I hope you guys understand and hang in there with me...

Mwah