Monday, June 19, 2006

Books, French Toast, Joey and Gelatos

It would be unfair to start this post without thanking all my wonderful friends in the universe - some who I have never met or seen - that have stood by me at this trying time of my life...

So Thank You...

I have been irregular with my blog of late and for that I apologise - but at times when I am down and out I deem it unfair to send out negative energy into the universe - hence my "uplift" post...

I also have not been too good with reading and commenting on everyones blogs lately but I promise to be back with a bang and catch up on my reading.

Talking of my reading, I got a new bookshelf for my room today - a huge bookshelf and I am amazed that its full with the books I already own - kinda makes me wonder where I had been storing all these books all this time...hmmm

I have been eating alot of comforting food lately No wait - I have been doing alot of the 'comforting things' in my life the last couple of days

Like - reading...singing to myself...alot of Harry Belafonte came to my mind...Day O Daaaayy O...Till I come and me want go home...Day...Me say day me say day me say daaayyy ohhhh....AND and and not sure if you remember this one...
There's a hole in the bucket dear Lisa dear Lisa there's a hole in the bucket dear Lisa a hole...

Ahh the joys of music

Other than that, I locked myself up on saturday and watched back to back episodes of 'Joey' on DVD - Only to leave the house for gelatos on saturday night...There was one scoop of 'After Eight' and one scoop of 'Tiramisu' only for ME :) Sometimes the simple things in life can make you happy

And then there you decide to push yourself a bit further and go to Nando's for Extra Hot Peri Peri Chicken - Mmmmm

And stop on the way home to buy stuff to make yourself feel better - Like face wash and moisturiser

And here I am now eating the one thing that always makes me feel good - French Toast

That to me is the ultimate in Comfort food - makes me feel like a child all over again...









Giggle giggle