Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pure is sin




OH MY GOD

Last nights dinner was pure sin and I ain't just saying it

'Pure' is the new restaurant at Taj Lands End in Mumbai and I am proud to have it in my city

'Pure' is barely two weeks old and has not been advertised yet

Pure is an experience

And what an experience it is

From the moment I walked in, I was whisked away into another world

A world of purity

Organic food put together brilliantly by Chef John from NYC

A fantastic bottle of cabernet from New Zealand added to the perfection of the evening

The lamb chops cooked with pomegranate is by far the most exquisite to have ever touched my palatte

The shrimp and scallops with sugarcane and the oysters came a close - a very close second

All in all between the two of us we ate 6 starters and 4 deserts

Oh don't even get me started on the deserts

The sorbet and the mango desert

OH MY GOD

So, I'm being a drama queen but trust me, 'Pure' will make anyone a drama queen

Go hungry for the rest of the week but Go eat at Pure

Trust me, its worth every penny and every moment

Its time and money well spent

But before I forget, I'm dying to go back and eat at their private dining room

Anyone wanna take me to dinner?