Friday, June 09, 2006

Hopelessly devoted to you


Guess mine is not the first heart broken,
my eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know,
there's just no gettin' over you

I'm hopelessly devoted to you

My speakers are cranking the sound out and I feel nothing.


There used to be a time that every love song would pull at my heart till it hurt

"How am I supposed to live without you?"

"You were meant for me"

"How can we be lovers if we can't be friends"

The playlist seems to be spitting them out by the dozen

But I sit here feeling nothing

Nada

I'm back to being comfortably numb in my life

Its a state of being that I've grown accustomed to

"I've grown accustomed to her face"

Maybe thats the secret to life

Don't have expectations - just grow accustomed to the state of being - and maybe the state of being is comfortably numb?

Imagine if the world had no happiness and no sadness and just perpetually lived in a state of comfortably numb

How terribly boring life would be

What do you think?

But something made me chuckle at work yesterday

I had this meeting with this guy that flew down to meet me

There was this formal presentation that he was making to me and my team

And at the end of the presentation he tool out his digitial camera and took a picture of me and my colleague...

And it had nothing to do with the presentation

Go figure...