Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The simple joys of life

Coming to America always remind me of the simple joys of life
  • Playing basketball with my nephews in the driveway
  • Playing catch in the driveway (We have our own version of Donkey that we call 'Donkey 89')
  • Going for a walk around the sub-division just before the sun sets
  • Fighting over who is playing DJ in the car with our i-pods
  • Looking at pretty things in the mall that I know I can't buy
  • Arguing with my sister over things that are so unimportant (but whats the point of having a sister if you can't argue from time to time)
  • Tucking my nephews into bed
  • Getting them to read 'Mr Men' to me after reading it to them for so many years
  • Getting them to make me breakfast after feeding them for so many years
  • Smiling over nothing
  • Smiling over everything
  • Taking long bubble baths with no clock ticking over my head
  • Eating fatty fatty foods and not caring about becoming fat
  • No deadlines
  • Not caring that I haven't blow dried my hair or painted my nails
  • Cheese cake
  • Cheetos
  • Doritos
  • Pretzels
  • Making plans to spend days in New York
  • Pizza in New York

Ahh the simple joys of life...

What are some of yours?