Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Letter to you

I was driving home from work today earlier than usual

The sun was beating straight into my eyes

I didn't have my shades so I squinted while I inched my way through the streets of Bombay

And I remembered how you always kept your shades hoisted up in the front of your car in the little air vent holes

It made me realise how much I miss you

How long it has been since we have spoken

My hands itched to pick up the phone and call you

I know you asked about me the other day

I know the name you used in reference to me

And I know you are reading this even though you don't leave smiles on my face

My hands continued to itch as I stared at the phone on the passenger seat

I felt a tear coming on

But I remembered, I don't cry

So, I allowed myself to believe it was the sun that made my eyes water

But not a tear fell, not one

I wouldn't allow it

I just wanted to call to say, I've been thinking about you

I have...

Labels: , , , , ,