Thursday, December 29, 2005

I got Stumped

Every night when I get home from work, I back up my car into the parking garage, which includes a very professional reversing technique coz my garage is on a hill in a precarious direction.

After parking the car, I scramble around the car for all my stuff which usually includes, my handbag, my car keys, my mobile phone (which is never in the handbag), my lunch box and sometimes something else that I'm carrying back from work...

I wobble up to the elevator and on the way scramble through my handbag to find the housekeys...Getting into the house means opening both doors while holding all the stuff that I mentioned before in my hands...

Once I am in my room, my stuff conveniently dropped on my bed, I throw my shoes off and look for my mail for the day.

My mail usually includes bills, bills, some more bills, junk mail and sometimes an invitation either to an event or birthday or anniversary.

But yesterday, I got stumped by a stamp.

Tucked in the pile of mail, was a crisp white envelope with a stamp from Boston.

I knew exactly where it had come from...

"My butterfly gal" - Butt gal as I call her lovingly.

I opened the envelope to find my annual christmas card written and signed lovingly by Mr and Mrs Butt :)

They are the only people that I know that actually still send postcards from their vacations. I still have the postcard they sent me two months ago from their trip to Peru blue tacked on my mirror...

I keep forgetting the joy of receiving snail mail that isn't a bill or an invite.

I keep forgetting the joy of seeing the handwriting nuances on a letter or card.

I keep forgetting the joy of getting a hand written card with flowers.

I keep forgetting the joy of writing a card, buying a stamp and dropping it in the mailbox.

I keep forgetting the joy of writing with a fountain pen.

I keep forgetting the joy of buying a card at Hallmark, choosing between hundreds of cards and finally selecting one and not pressing "Next" to continue.

I keep forgetting the joy of getting stumped uhm stamped...