Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Old is gold?

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine this morning that got me thinking about this blog.

He was complaining that since his father kept getting transfered across the country, he never got a chance to continue any of his childhood relationships/friendships...

He somewhat envied that fact that people like me who had lived their entire life in one place, in the same home had the joy and the advantage of having "childhood friends"...

I got to thinking about the girlfriends I grew up with....went really far back to the friends I had when I was 3 and 4. Those that I continued to be friends with till the time I was 21 atleast.

I narrowed it down to two girls. One I went to nursery with and continued to be friends with (even though I moved schools) and the other lived in my apartment block.

I got to thinking about how we played together. How we shared everything together. How we stared at the first Barbie doll we played with. How we got Barbie married to Ken. How we ate her mom's cake together. How we pulled each others hair. How we pinched each other. How we shared boy stories with each other. How we giggled over silly things. How we were inseperable...

But today...

Today...

Where are they?

Well one I don't speak to anymore...

And the other, well she lives in the States.

I visited her in September 2005 and we had a great time together.

But are we as close as we used to be?

Is old really gold?