Thursday, December 29, 2005

Its a sad sad day

I started working at my current job 15 months ago.
Before that I had only been an official employee at one other agency.
I was there for almost 6 years.
When I joined my current job, I was aprehensive.
Would I make friends?
Would I fit in?
Would the culture fit mine?
Would I have fun?
Would I laugh?
Would I cry?
Would there ever be like minded people?
I was aprehensive like hell.

I met many new people during my first couple of days.
Some nice, some not so nice, some wierd, some not so wierd (hey its advertising, what do you expect), some strange, some stranger.

But hidden in a corner office was a girl that I was yet to be introduced to.
She was dainty, pretty and always had her gorgeous tresses sitting neatly on her shoulder.
Her sun glasses were always perched on top of her head and light green eyes to match the sun glass frame (they were not contacts, I learnt later)

She was fairly senior in the orginazation too and I was finally 'formally' introduced to her.

We didn't take long to hit it off.
We shared common interests.
We both loved buttered popcorn at tea time.
We both loved pretty shoes.
We both read tarot.
We both grew up in th same area.
We were like minded.

Work turned into play in no time at all...

I'd batter my eyelids and make a pouty face whenever I needed a job done and she'd promise me glasses of wine when she needed something.

We became friends.

During the flooding of Bombay in July 2005, we shared a hotel room and kept each other calm for 3 days.

We became close friends.

And today...

She's going away...

Too far away...

She won't be at the corner office anymore.

She won't be there to hear me shout.

She won't be there to see me smile.

She's going away...

Too far away...

It's a sad sad day