Friday, January 27, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I think I should start by being patriotic to all my fellow Indian bloggers

Happy Republic Day

I was totally shameless and woke up terribly late this morning, so I missed the Republic day parade on TV

I've been watching it ever since I was a kid and I missed it

Damn

But then that was because last nite I was out cheering on friends of mine that were having their first art show

And it wasn't just their art they were exhibiting

(I saw you smirking - LOL)

What I meant was they were also playing music live

They were pretty good

Did I mention this was in a very popular bar with wine on the house?

Oh and it was coupled with a show with these statue like men painted really strangely and dressed even stranger walking around and posing all over the bar in strange positions

I wish I had my camera but as I mentioned earlier its broken!

Anyways I got home late so I woke up late

It was a wonderful slumber though

Spent all day at home with the family and had a meeting at the other end of the city at 6:30pm

That went really well, I guess what helped was that the meeting took place in a nice hotel atrium with live music playing in the background

I wasn't complaining

The day ended with me seeing a really enjoyable film

And I got to the cinema before the trailers started

And staring at the blank screen with nothing on got me thinking

Its the same screen that conjures up so many mixed emotions

The same screen makes us laugh

The same screen can make us cry

The same screen jolts us in our seats

The same screen can send shivers down our spines

Damn

The power of the screen

And the screen is so much more powerful than the idiot box

Its incomparable

But I'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow evening (my time)

I'm off to the Garden city

But I will be checking in on you guys

So leave me loads of comments will ya

I'll be heart broken if I see that no one cares if I'm dead or alive

LOL

Miss me :)