Saturday, June 24, 2006

Choices

We all make choices in our lives

Choices that sometimes impact just that tiny micro-second or sometimes impact the whole day or maybe even our whole lifetimes

We make these choices imagining that we ourselves know what is best for us and based on the premise that we know what we need and when and how we need it

But is that really so?

Have I made all the right choices in my life?

Would I be living in some parallel superior universe right now had I made made another choice and walked down the other path

I don't know

I really don't know

But its 6:45 pm on a saturday evening and all I have accomplished the whole day is the following
- Some random work that needed to happen on a saturday morning
- Finished watching 'Entourage' season 2 on DVD
- Went for my manicure, pedicure and hair
- Caught up with blog reading
and now here I am introspecting before I go out to watch football tonight
















What if I never went to Australia to complete my education
Would I ever have gotten a great job?

What if I never learnt how to be independent and live alone
Would I have become so pig headed or bowed down to a man?

What if I never worked to become financially independent
Would I have learnt the value of money?

What if I said yes and married that man so many years ago
Would I have been happy?

The list can go on forever

Life gives us options and we pick one

I wish sometimes I could see my life in the parallel universe and see what it could have been had I jumped onto the other side of the fence

But then this is getting a bit heavy for a saturday night blog

So if there was one time you would have chosen differently from your life what would that be? Tell me...