Friday, September 01, 2006

The End



This is pretty much it

Its the part when the lights start to come on and everyone scrambles around trying to pick up their belongings while the buttery box of pop-corn still leaves an oily residue on their fingers. The time when you just have to run past the crowd and get to the washroom to pee hoping there aren't twenty people already in front of the line. And the smell of the pop-corn is getting to you. And you can't bear it anymore. You just have to wash your hands now. Oooh and you gotta pee. Flashback to that one moment in the movie that you loved. The dialogue plays back in your head and you smirk. And people are looking at you waiting for you to move forward in the line to pee...

But this is not the end I am talking about. This is it. It really is the end.

THE END OF MY VACATION

Its time to go home and the reason I know that it is officially the time it is the end is coz people from work have already started calling me to

a. COMPLAIN

b. Tell me how much they MISS ME

c. Come back and SORT this mess out please

In an odd sort of way it actually made me feel wanted but I'm scared of going back to a mess at the moment

And I know it is a mess

But this is about the end and not about what is in store for me

This vacation has been awesome as it is every year

But there were special moments I want to remember now

a. The look on my sister's face when I arrived at the airport

b. My nephews and how they have grown - trying to pull my suitcases off the luggage carousel for me (I guess they aren't babies anymore)

c. My nephew making me coffee (Hey payback for all the milk and food I've served him over the years)

d. BBQ in the back yard with the family

e. Buying my sister an exorbitant gift - just to see the look on her face

f. My sister buying me my Tiffany bangle

g. Arriving in Manhattan (Gets me every time)

h. Seeing the island of St Martin from my window seat

i. My God-Son - such a cutie

j. Meeting sweet Arete

I could go on...

But then you may just have to pull out some kleenex

I leave on sunday by the way

And I am transitting through Heathrow airport

Not fun anymore

It used to be my favourite airport to transit through

There are things to do to entertain yourself

But now its giving me the shivers

Instead of my backpack, I am being forced to travel with a small handbag

I've never travelled with such little stuff in my life

I mean how am I not supposed to brush my teeth for 30 hours?

I just pray the airline gives us some toothpaste and a toothbrush or co-passengers beware...

Wish me a safe flight...and pray I don't lose my insanity over those 30 hours...