Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Highly recommended

Being on vacation means trying new things...
~ going to new places
~ catching up on reading
~ watching movies
~ trying new restaurants
~ looking for new food etc...

I've been on vacation for two weeks and here is my 'Highly Recommended' list of things to do, eat, read, watch - err you get the picture...




Topping my list of Must reads is "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See...

If any of you read or watched "Memiors of a Geisha" and enjoyed it, trust me when I say this book will keep you hooked till the very end...

The friendship between Lisa and Snowflower from childhood till death is beautifully portrayed without being boring for even a second.

I also enjoyed reading about the ancient Chinese traditions of footbinding etc.

Another book I thoroughly enjoyed reading is "The Space between us" by Thrity Umrigar...

A story based in Mumbai, India of the friendship between the rich and the poor meaning the rich wife and her household help

A story that I am so sure is so true and being lived every single day in homes across the world



'The Story of Ron Clark' starring our very own Matthew Perry.

Based on a true life story, Ron Clark is a teacher who made a difference and what a difference he made...

Watch it, it made me feel good and I'm sure it'll make you feel good too...




I also watched "World Trade Center" on opening day - first day first show as they call it...

Are we ready for it? Oh well Ready or not here it came

I wasn't sure what to expect but I came out feeling good and sad

Good coz of the spirit of humanity that prevails

Sad I need not explain...


If you are in or around the Nashville area, I highly recommend you check out 'The Grape'

If you like or love wine, the Grape is perfect for you

A wonderful selection of wine bottles all classified by the Grape team into ten classifications which are truly 'Grape'

The food menu is also co-related to the wine classifications

But mind you, the only way to quench your thirst at Grape is either with wine or ice-tea...

Right next to Grape is the "Wine Seller" which is a beautifully done up store with an unusual selection of wines...

Go to Grape and think of me

The last is the most frivilous but I must speak of it

If you like wasabi, make your way down to your local Kroger or Walmart and pick up "Wasabi mayonnaise"

Dash it on everything from sandwiches to finger food...

My sister claims the sandwiches I make her 'never tasted better' (wink)

As for my new city of the year - St. Martin it is...

On my way there at the end of the week...

So, what do you highly recommend for me?