Saturday, March 10, 2007

Queen of Clubbing

I did something last night that I have not done in ages...
I went clubbing
I must admit though, I was the oldest person in the group
We never planned on going clubbing last night. It was a colleague's birthday and one thing led to another which led us to going clubbing to this retro club in the city called 'Polly Esthers'
I like Pollys - as we call it...the music is good, the crowds decent and I used to be a regular there once upon a time
I realised when I entered that I hadn't been there in two years and I found myself back at the same seat that used to be "MINE" except there was another clubber on the seat...
The bartenders had changed and their uniforms had changed as well...
We danced, we sang, we drank the night away and found every opportunity to sing Happy Birthday as loud as we could to change colours on the face of the poor boy
We closed the club down and waited for them to throw us out
And did I mention it was the captain of the Indian Rugby Team who's birthday we were celebrating...
And did I mention, the rugby team clubbed the night away with us?
Jealous are we ;)?

Labels: , ,