Monday, January 02, 2006

I didn't turn into a pumpkin

Happy new year blogger friends.

There is one point I wanna make on today's post.

I didn't turn into a pumpkin at the turn of the new year

Pumpkin eh

Well the story goes like this.
I had the whole world call me on new years eve to ask me what I was going to be doing at the turn of the year.
And what I had planned wasn't what they wanted to hear.
All I wanted to do was watch TV and not just any TV channel - the government national channel called 'Doordarshan' - a channel not watched in the metros anymore. The only channel with rural penetration. A channel lost in a city like Bombay with the onslaught of Cable and satellite. A channel that onlt gets watched in Bombay when there is a cricket match that isn't being telecast on any other sports channel like ESPN or Star Sports.

Yeah I wanted to bring in my new year watching Doordarshan.

"Are you depressed?"
"Why don't you join us?"
"Be ready at 10, we're coming to fetch you"
"Whaaaaaaaaaat"

Those were the reactions I got from everyone around me.

I actually managed to find 2-3 like minded people that didn't mind staying home and watching Doordarshan with me.

Why

Cause thats what I used to do when I was a child.

But everyone around me made me feel like if I stayed home watching doordarshan, I'd turn into a pumpkin

But I didn't

I'm still here :) So well...