Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Too committed?

I didn't hear the alarm go off this morning

I didn't even hear the phone ring

I turned the music blaring off in my sleep with the slight of my hand

I never turned on the hot water geyser

I didn't even open the door

7 am

8 am

9 am

10 am

11 am

My eyes opened

OUCH

My eyes felt like they were doing weights at a gym

10 pounds

Maybe even 20

Barely able to open them

My head hurt

Hellllppppp

My eyes opened ever so slightly

The sun

Ouch

Not fun

Coffeeeeee

I want cofeeeee

Noooo

Wait

I want, No I need sleep

My eyes hurt

My head hurts more

I sleep

The phone rings

I hear it now

I hear the voice on the other end

Crisis

'Help' they yelp

The sound resonates in my ear

Coffeeee

Helpppppp

I yelp

Damn I need to wash my hair

Helllpppp

Massaging my hair feels good

My sinuses suddenly feel better with the hot water melting them away

Like a hot knife in a slab of butter

Aaaahhhh

I'm squeaky clean

Bathed with my Lush soap

I smell like an Egyptian Goddess dressed in the finest cotton

My towel caresses me

The music springs to life on my mobile phone

Helllppp

They yelp again

My sinuses start to hurt

The coffee helps

I go to work

Am I too committed?