Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Why did the chicken cross the road?


Ever since the bird flu scare in the state of Maharashtra

Everyone including me has been strictly warned NOT to eat chicken or eggs

Most restaurants across the city aren't even stocking let alone serving chicken and eggs

Even domestic airlines across the country aren't servin em anymore

I never realised how much of a staple diet chicken and eggs are

Eggs are the basic of breakfast...scrambled, omlette, sunny side up etc

Everywhere I look the food doesn't taste the same

'Oh sorry maam, we made it eggless'

Last nite, I was out at yet another farewell dinner

And the hostess was kind enough to inform us that the prawn cocktail was made from imported mayonaise (thus being free from bird flu)

Even basic mayonaise is made of egg white - Damn!

The biggest problem is in Chinese food

'Chicken flied lieeyc' is the ultimate as far as I am concerned

And no matter how much I love my seafood

'Plaunn flied lieeyc' just doesn't add up

I miss my Butter chicken (not that I ate it much but now that I can't have it, I want it)

I miss chicken kebabs

I miss chicken rolls

I miss french toast

I miss egg whites

I miss cakes with egg in em

I miss pancakes

I miss scrambled eggs

Oh! Come back to me dear chicken and eggs