Saturday, February 11, 2006

a time for thanks























before going to bed every night
i say thank u

over the years it has become a habit
'thanks' some nights
'thank u' other nights
and sometimes a serious "Thank You God"

before falling asleep last nite
i got to thinking

do i even know what i'm thanking the Lord for?
has it just become a habit?

hmmm

it took me back to my school assembly

every day the whole school would stand at attention
and in chorus we would say

'thank you for the world so sweet
thank you for the food we eat
thank you for the birds that sing
thank you God for everything'

i am not even sure if there was more to it
thats all i can remember

is that all i have to be grateful for

'the time has come
the walrus said
to talk of many things
of shoes and ships and sealing wax
of cabbages and kings
and why the sea is boiling hot and
whether pigs have wings'

i'm attempting to note down a few things i need to be aware of being grateful for

  1. im alive
  2. im healthy
  3. im happy
  4. i have a job i love
  5. i have a family that loves me
  6. i have a family i love
  7. i have friends that love me
  8. i have friends i love
  9. i have blogger friends that ive never met that seem to like me
  10. i find it easy to make friends
  11. i forgive and forget
  12. i live i learn
  13. i am not bad looking
  14. i have money to spend, to pay, to buy
  15. i have food to eat
  16. i can see, hear, touch, feel and taste
  17. i have a car
  18. i have clothes to wear
  19. i thank my mother for teaching me 'spirituality'
  20. i thank my father for instilling in me that i should strive and deserve only the best
  21. i thank my sister for screwing my head back on time and time again
  22. i thank my brother for pushing me beyond my limits every single time
  23. i thank my brother in law for making life seem so simple even when its not
  24. i thank my sister in law for being a mother, a sister, a friend all the time
  25. i thank 'fatso' for teaching me that nothing is worth being in a terrible relationship
  26. i thank 'London boy' for teaching me that love can be unconditional
  27. i thank 'London boy' for teaching me the art of patience
  28. i thank 'father and mother figure' for teaching me that love can overcome other obstacles
  29. i thank the Lord for giving me the strength to go through life smiling
  30. i thank the Lord for giving me the strength to help other people with their problems

thank you

thank you

thank you