Friday, September 15, 2006

In my DNA?

It's not often that I have nothing to say

It usually happens when I have so many thoughts running through my head that I am trying to sort out this whirlwind and try and articulate one single thought to post about

And right now I still don't have that single thought

The last couple of days have been sheer madness

Too many people with too many issues - Me included

And I've been trying to help people out with their problems as much as I can

Sometimes I just listen and at other times I dole out my two pence of advice

But something really hit me day before yesterday

Someone turned around and asked me
"Who do you think you are, Mother Teresa?"

She was trying to tell me that I need to heal myself from time to time and I can't just keep giving to others but need to think about myself and be a bit selfish too

And I'm not sure I can do that

Its just not in my DNA

I guess when things get too much for me I just shutdown for a bit and then bounce back to stretching out my shoulders to the world

And thats probably My DNA