Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pour some *sugar* on me

Yesterday I was sitting and eating lunch with my colleagues, like I always do

I always sit at the same place and eat with everyone...one boss on my left (at the head of the table) and my other boss directly across me

Its a wonderful time of the day when everyone comes together and shares stories of their day and their lives

We eat from each others lunch boxes and complain about the office canteen food

We pull each others leg making someone the butt of the day's joke

So, yesterday was just like any other day

I was nicely dressed in a cream top and a black skirt with a slit that ran up my thigh

And I sat sipping my after lunch cup of coffee like I always do

My boss across me decided to pass a sarcastic remark (like he always does) and I replied in sarcasm (not like I always do...)

He continued to play with the yellow stress ball and finally swung it across the table directly at me

The ball spun and hit the coffee cup in front of me

The coffee cup tumbled toward me

The coffee slowly but surely spilled right all over my cream top and skirt and trickled down my legs

I sat in SHOCK

I'm usually the Drama Queen and react to these situations BADLY

But there I sat in silence watching myself drenched in coffee in a brand new outfit

I left the room and walked toward the washroom where I stared at the disaster that was me

Not knowing where to start, I stripped myself bare and washed my clothes in the sink and dried them under the hand dryer

Only to emerge half hour later damp but as good to go...

I'm proud of myself for the way I reacted

Pour some sugar on me guys, not coffee